Nominations for the 2016 CFO Innovation Awards are officially closed.
Finalists and Award Recipients to be announced in CFO Studio magazine and at the
CFO Innovation Conference and Awards to be held on May 5, 2016, at MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
» Qualifications for Nomination for a CFO Innovation Award
• CFO Studio Innovation Awards are available to CFOs who, at the time of nomination, are actively employed at a single company as CFO on a full-time or three quarter time basis
• Unfortunately, CFO Innovation Award Winners from last year and in-transition CFOs are not eligible. Visit www.CFOstudio.com/In-TransitionCFOevents
• CFO consultants, interim CFOs, adjunct CFOs, contract CFOs, advisors, and other finance executives who are not actively employed as CFO on a full-time or three quarter time basis at a single company are not eligible
• The senior-most finance executive at a company, including Vice President of Finance, Finance Executive, Treasurer, Controller, or otherwise, may qualify, with special permission, even if that executive does not carry the official CFO title
• CFOs may be nominated for multiple Awards
• CFOs may be nominated for the same Award one time or multiple times. However, multiple nominations will not increase or decrease the likelihood of a CFO receiving an Award.
• Nominees for the CFO Mastery Award may live or work anywhere in North or Central America
» Innovation Awards Categories
CFO Mastery Award
CFOs who, in any of the last three years, have demonstrated a unique mastery in supporting, growing, or enhancing their companies
• CFOs may be nominated from companies with $1 Billion or more in annual revenue, in any industry, located anywhere in North and Central America
• Recipients of the CFO Innovation Mastery Award must be present at the Awards Ceremony
• Qualifications may include having had a positive impact on the enterprise on a domestic or global scale, including having creatively leveraged the company’s balance sheet to improve return on assets, having orchestrated a significant company, product, or service line turnaround resulting in improved operating performance, having added to enterprise value at a level that goes beyond traditional metrics, having achieved results that represent positive accomplishments in the community and / or for broader stakeholder groups, such as employees, suppliers, customers, investors, or others.
CFO Innovator Award
The CFO who has successfully applied creative and innovative solution(s) to significant organizational challenges, whether internal or external.
CFO Leadership Award
The CFO who has exhibited great leadership skill and accomplishment in his / her role, particularly during a period of exceptional growth of the company and / or growth of the finance role in support of the organization
CFO Success Award
• Finance Department – The CFO who has driven enhanced financial performance across the financial function and / or finance department of the organization
• Operations – The CFO who has led improvements across the organization in culture, process, productivity, and / or operational performance
• Technology – The CFO who has led technological improvements across the organization that have resulted in significant enhancement in operations, productivity, information, and / or profitability
• Strategy – The CFO who has led strategic initiatives that have resulted in significant enhancement of value, operations, realignment, rationalization and / or financial performance
• Capital – The CFO who has improved the organization’s capital structure in a novel and value-adding manner
CFO as COO Award
The CFO who is more than a financial leader, but has demonstrated a unique blend of operational and strategic impact on the overall organization’s goals and mission
CFO to CEO Evolution Award
The CFO who has made the leap, successfully, to the top rung of the organization and has had the most dramatic impact on his / her organization
CFO Industry Transformation Award
The CFO who has successfully transitioned from the position of CFO in one industry to the position of CFO in a company in an unrelated industry, who has, by applying experiences, insights, and skills from his or her previous CFO position, had a significant impact on the success of the organization
Tax Exempt Organizations: The For-Profit Mindset Award
The CFO who has successfully led his or her organization to achieve greater efficiencies and success, and has inspired leadership, employees, donors, funders, and other partners to drive the organization to compete and achieve more as if it were a for-profit company
Small Market Companies: The Thinking Big Award
The CFO who has overcome the small company mindset, has instilled a sophisticated management style into the company, and has inspired leadership, employees, and other partners to grow, and succeed despite limited resources and against larger and more formidable competitors
CFOs may be nominated for multiple CFO Innovation Awards, may be nominated by others or may nominate themselves, and may be nominated one or more times for the same award. Multiple nominations of the same CFO or for the same award will not affect selections, nominations, or awards. A panel of independent judges will, in its absolute and sole discretion, determine which nominees will be selected as finalists and which finalists with be selected as CFO Innovation Award Recipients. CFO Studio reserves the absolute right to accept or reject nominations without reason or notice. No compensation or remuneration for nominations, finalists, or award recipients will be provided to or accepted by nominees, CFO Studio, the CFO Innovation Awards judges committee, or the CFO Innovation Awards Audit Partner WithumSmith+Brown. In the interest of maintaining a high caliber awards competition, CFO Studio and / or the CFO Innovation Awards judges committee may, at any time, elect to change, add, or delete from the above list of award categories, and / or issue special or one-time awards, based on nominations received or otherwise, and may elect to do so without notice. All nominations will be validated prior to being considered for selection as finalists or award recipients.